Bookish friends are special people ❤️
As a bookish person myself I think finding people who are mad about books is one of life’s many pleasures.
Here are the essential skills that I believe are required for bookish friends.
- They must agree with you that happiness comes from reading books and talking about them.
- Romance bookish friends – must be able to pause to appreciate a beautifully crafted love scene.
- Crime / thriller bookish friends – must be able to pause to appreciate a well crafted believable murder / crime.
- They have a book reading list as long as yours or even better twice the size of yours. We all love friends who inspire us to do more!
- They must excel at tweeting or posting thought provoking GIFs about the plot or characters of a much loved book.
- They must spend their life in the gap between the real world and the fictional world.
- They must be able to send supportive and reassuring words when they know you are feeling sad after the death of a much loved book character.
- They must savour the idea of having a ‘bookish lunch’ where you both talk about the books you are reading, the books you want to read and the books you are looking forward to reading when they come out. You both agree this type of lunch would last a few hours, drinking a glass of wine or two would be optional but book humour would be guaranteed.
- They must be able to share your pain of having to work before you can return to reading that great book.
- They must enjoy tweeting the life out of great book quotes.
- They must be fluent in bookish speak and must be able to talk books for hours and hours and hours…
- They must go quiet on social media when they are engrossed in a good book.
- They must excel at snooping the social media feeds of authors to find snippets of gossip as to when their next book is coming out.
- They must appreciate the beautiful sight of a stack of new books.
- Romance bookish friends – must be able to express their strong feelings for an attractive male character in a series of emojis.
- Crime bookish friends – must be able to express their appreciation of a bone chilling plot twist via a series of emojis.
A big shout out to all the bookish people out there!