I’m not going to name that damn virus because spelling it out makes me angry and sad. We all know about the virus I am talking about. The one which has brought a lot of fear, chaos and darkness into all our lives.
This situation has already taught me to value people and things which light me up inside. I don’t think I have had such an appreciation for bright, positive and happy souls. I don’t think I have ever been so drawn to objects which give me so much joy inside.
These are my lanterns. They bring much needed light into my dark world. Each day I find myself looking for them.
- Anita Faulkner – this lady is not only a fab writer and a blogger but she also runs the Chick Lit and Prosecco Facebook group. There’s a link to it on Anita’s blog. This lady’s positive and happy vibes shine through my laptop screen. She’s definitely on my lantern list.
- Author Lia Louis’s Instagram – in her insta stories Lia has started talking about all the positive news with this virus and there are good news stories! Her insta story is one of the first things I look at while eating my breakfast. I also think her books are fab. Definitely a lantern!
- Author Lucy Keeling’s Instagram – I love Lucy’s insta video story chats. I think she has a really calming voice and I also love her humour. She’s on my lantern list as she makes me smile daily and I am a huge Lucy Keeling book fan.
- Miley Cyrus’s Brightminded show on her Insta Live Channel. Miley is interviewing positive and inspiring people daily on her channel. Her aim is to help people get through this crisis. She had her therapist on the first session and I thought that was amazing. Loads of good tips. Miley has been added to my lantern list. I have the YouTube link here.
- Audiobooks. They have really come into their own over the last week or so. Listening to someone read me a story is my new way to de-stress. I am currently listening to the The Glass Woman by Caroline Lea. Amazing. Audiobooks are lanterns.
- The UK RomChat gang. They are a fabulous bunch of creative ladies and they make Monday evenings a lot brighter. Jeanna, Lucy K & Lucy F – All lanterns.
- Author Sandy Barker. This one is a definitely a lantern because she’s so supportive of others and her books are pure romantic escapism.
- Author Lucy Knott’s tweets. She always sends out morning tweets where she wishes us all a lovely day. They always brighten up my feed. She’s one of my Twitter lanterns. I really want to read her books and I’m making space on my TBR pile.
- Sacha Black’s Rebel Author Podcast. This is one of my go-to podcasts. I love Sacha’s dry humour and this woman has been the driving force behind my writing career. She’s usually right about most things and listening to her brightens up my Wednesday. One hell of a lantern!
- Yoga Mat. I get on it every morning now without fail. I do ten minutes to this session from Brett Larkin and it CLEARS my head. I don’t do it for fitness now. I do it because I feel positive and happy afterwards. Yoga and Brett Larkin are definitely lanterns.
- Author Rachel Burton’s insta feed. Her insta pics are SO PRETTY and they make me feel happy. She also puts lots of meditation, de-stressing and yoga tips on her story.
- Author & Poet Ritu Bhathal Her blog posts, poetry and debut novel all light me up. She’s very wise and has been a great source of support for me. Definitely a lantern.
- My blog followers. YOU ALL LIGHT ME UP.
- I am also going to add my two lovely friends; Catherine and Sue, my husband’s cooking, foam bubble baths, a photo of all my family from a few weeks ago when we all met up and my charm bracelet.
You’re probably thinking – ‘that’s a lot of lanterns!’ – yes, I know – these are dark times.
If you are feeling like the light has gone out in your world, I urge you to go find your lanterns. Let them light you up inside.
Tell me about your lanterns? Or better still do your own blog post and send me the link.
Stay safe and well.