I am ridiculously PROUD to be part of the team for the LAUNCH OF THIS WONDERFUL AUTHOR’s DEBUT ROMANCE NOVEL – Marriage Unarranged.
Oh my goodness what an honour!
I was one of the beta readers for this FAB book and this is such a gorgeous debut.
So proud of you, Ritu!
Congrats from all of us at BlondeWriteMore 😍
Here’s the blurb:
Chickpea Curry’ Lit — Chick Lit with an Indian twist!
It all started ended with that box…
Aashi’s life was all set.
Or so she thought.
Like in the Bollywood films, Ravi would woo her, charm her family and they’d get married and live happily ever after.
But then Aashi found the empty condom box…
Putting her ex-fiancé and her innocence behind her, Aashi embarks upon an enlightening journey, to another country, where vibrant memories are created, and unforgettable friendships forged.
Old images erased, new beginnings to explore.
And how can she forget the handsome stranger she meets? A stranger who’s hiding something…
Here’s my review:
If you are looking for an uplifting romance plot, a great cast of characters, a good sprinkling of humour and a glimpse of true India – this book is for you!
My heart went out to the main character Aashi. Her broken engagement is heartbreaking to read and I wanted to reach inside the book and hug her.
The trip to India with her best mate and her brothers is inspired as its during this trip Aashi starts to find herself. This book is crammed with vivid descriptions of true India and I thought it was a refreshing setting for a romance book.
Ritu has done a fantastic job on bringing the smells and sounds of the markets, the rickshaw journeys and the kaleidoscope of colours to life.
I will say this – the romance in this book will make your heart flutter!
A fabulous read and congrats to Ritu xx
This book is now live and just a click away!
Here’s how to connect with Ritu:
- Blog Website: http://www.butismileanyway.com
- Author Website: http://www.ritubhathal.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/RituBhathal
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ritubhathalwrites/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/butismileanyway/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RituBhathal/
- Pinterest: https://uk.pinterest.com/bhathalpadhaal/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/56854412-ritu-bhathal
- Mix: https://mix.com/butismileanyway
- Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ritusmiles
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ritu-bhathal-48941648/
- Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/@ritubhathalpadhaal
- Amazon https://www.amazon.com/author/ritubhathal
- Ritu Bhathal was born in Birmingham in the mid-1970s to migrant parents, hailing from Kenya but with Indian origin. This colourful background has been a constant source of inspiration to her.
- From childhood, she always enjoyed reading. This love of books is credited to her mother. The joy of reading spurred her on to become creative in her writing, from fiction to poetry. Winning little writing competitions at school and locally encouraged her to continue writing.
- As a wife, mother, daughter, sister, and teacher, she has drawn on inspiration from many avenues to create the poems that she writes.
- A qualified teacher, having studied at Kingston University, she now deals with classes of children as a sideline to her writing!
- Ritu also writes a blog, http://www.butismileanyway.com, a mixture of life and creativity, thoughts and opinions, which was awarded first place in the Best Overall Blog Category at the 2017 Annual Bloggers Bash Awards, and Best Book Blog in 2019.
- Ritu is happily married and living in Kent, with her Hubby Dearest, and two children, not forgetting the fur baby Sonu Singh.