I am ridiculously PROUD to be part of the team for the LAUNCH OF THIS WONDERFUL AUTHOR’s DEBUT ROMANCE NOVEL – Marriage Unarranged.
Oh my goodness what an honour!
I was one of the beta readers for this FAB book and this is such a gorgeous debut.
So proud of you, Ritu!
Congrats from all of us at BlondeWriteMore 😍
Here’s the blurb:
Chickpea Curry’ Lit — Chick Lit with an Indian twist!
It all started ended with that box…
Aashi’s life was all set.
Or so she thought.
Like in the Bollywood films, Ravi would woo her, charm her family and they’d get married and live happily ever after.
But then Aashi found the empty condom box…
Putting her ex-fiancé and her innocence behind her, Aashi embarks upon an enlightening journey, to another country, where vibrant memories are created, and unforgettable friendships forged.
Old images erased, new beginnings to explore.
And how can she forget the handsome stranger she meets? A stranger who’s hiding something…
Here’s my review:
If you are looking for an uplifting romance plot, a great cast of characters, a good sprinkling of humour and a glimpse of true India – this book is for you!
My heart went out to the main character Aashi. Her broken engagement is heartbreaking to read and I wanted to reach inside the book and hug her.
The trip to India with her best mate and her brothers is inspired as its during this trip Aashi starts to find herself. This book is crammed with vivid descriptions of true India and I thought it was a refreshing setting for a romance book.
Ritu has done a fantastic job on bringing the smells and sounds of the markets, the rickshaw journeys and the kaleidoscope of colours to life.
I will say this – the romance in this book will make your heart flutter!
A fabulous read and congrats to Ritu xx
This book is now live and just a click away!
Here’s how to connect with Ritu:
- Blog Website: http://www.butismileanyway.com
- Author Website: http://www.ritubhathal.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/RituBhathal
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ritubhathalwrites/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/butismileanyway/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RituBhathal/
- Pinterest: https://uk.pinterest.com/bhathalpadhaal/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/56854412-ritu-bhathal
- Mix: https://mix.com/butismileanyway
- Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ritusmiles
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ritu-bhathal-48941648/
- Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/@ritubhathalpadhaal
- Amazon https://www.amazon.com/author/ritubhathal
- Ritu Bhathal was born in Birmingham in the mid-1970s to migrant parents, hailing from Kenya but with Indian origin. This colourful background has been a constant source of inspiration to her.
- From childhood, she always enjoyed reading. This love of books is credited to her mother. The joy of reading spurred her on to become creative in her writing, from fiction to poetry. Winning little writing competitions at school and locally encouraged her to continue writing.
- As a wife, mother, daughter, sister, and teacher, she has drawn on inspiration from many avenues to create the poems that she writes.
- A qualified teacher, having studied at Kingston University, she now deals with classes of children as a sideline to her writing!
- Ritu also writes a blog, http://www.butismileanyway.com, a mixture of life and creativity, thoughts and opinions, which was awarded first place in the Best Overall Blog Category at the 2017 Annual Bloggers Bash Awards, and Best Book Blog in 2019.
- Ritu is happily married and living in Kent, with her Hubby Dearest, and two children, not forgetting the fur baby Sonu Singh.
Thank you so much, Lucy!
I can’t believe it… It’s really here, Pub day!!!
Thank you so much! ❤
Thank you 😍
Reblogged this on Ritu Bhathal and commented:
Day 7 of the Blog Tour, and this one is a wonderful review from Lucy!
Pingback: #BookLaunch #BookReview Marriage Unarranged @RituBhathal #Romance #ChickpeaCurryLit #BlogTour Day 7 | But I Smile Anyway...
Reblogged this on Chris The Story Reading Ape's Blog and commented:
Congratulations to Ritu – her latest book s available NOW 👍😃
Thank you so much, Chris! ❤
My pleasure, Ritu 🤗❤️🤗
Thank you mighty reading ape 🦍
Welcome, Lucy 🤗❤️🤗
It’s a fantastic blurb, sounds like a great read! Congrats to Ms. Bhathal!
Thank you so much 💜
Thank you for reading 😍
I loved it too Lucy. Great review. Well done Ritu. Xxx
Thank you Marje. All of you are epic 🤗😍
Thanks for reading 😍
Thank you for another great review. Now we can start reading by ourselves. Over 350 pages!!!! Horrible Lol
Enjoy your Sunday! Michael
I hope its not horrible!!! 🤣 Lol, Bro!
I dont think so, Sis! But near 400 pages, it looks like a library to me. Lol (Sorry!)
I can’t believe I wrote something that long!
Its always my quote too. 😉 In my case, however, regular briefs on court, opinions and so on. They have to read, :-))
My legal !!! (Lol) Thesis had almost 400 pages, exkl. 90 pages Bibliography. My professor got a shock. :-)) So I shortened it to 100 pages. We all were happy!
Thank you 😍
Like you Lucy I am so proud to be on Team Ritu 💜 💜💜💜
I do appreciate you, so much 💜
I appreciate you too 💜
Thanks Willow 😍
It’s a pleasure Lucy 💜
I agree, Lucy! I too, loved this book and the characters. Bravo to Ritu. ❤
Thanks Colleen 😍
Thank you, Sis! Your comments really touch me!
You will be hearing this a lot, Ritu. You wrote a fabulous book! ❤