I can’t be the only one who doesn’t sit and think about what it would be like to date something mythical or magical. I am sure you all must be pondering this too.
Below are 5 mythical & magical creatures with the dating pros and cons for each one.
Werewolf – a human with the ability to shape shift into a wolf-like creature.
- Useful for snuggling up to on a cold night.
- They will have superhuman strength.
- You will get plenty of exercise as they will want regular walks.
- You might not like the constant smell of dog.
- They would be no use to you on a date during a full moon.
- You would be forced to take poop bags on dates.
- Apparently they are weak and tired after changing back into human form so expect some serious moaning and groaning.
Vampire – a creature who drinks human blood.
- Smartly dressed and well spoken.
- Great powers of seduction.
- They tend to live in fabulous old buildings so you will never have to worry about where you are both going to live once things get serious.
- As they are immortal and have been around for a long time (hundreds of years in some cases) you need to be prepared for an extensive past love life!
- They are bound to have some breath issues with all that rotting flesh stuck between their teeth.
- No beach holidays as they have issues with sunlight.
- You are going to have adjust your culinary repertoire as they can’t eat garlic.
- As they don’t sleep dates with your vampire love could go on for hours and hours!
- One bite from them could be life changing for you!
Mermaid / Merfolk – a mythological creature with a human upper body and a fish tail.
- You are guaranteed to have fun date nights in the hot tub. Your date will not want to get out, even when the water gets cold.
- Expect lots of shell based gifts.
- A beautiful creature to look at.
- You will need to avoid eating Sushi on a date as you might be eating one of their relatives.
- Fish breath!
- They will be a much better swimmer than you. Not good if you are like me and competitive…at everything!
Centaur – a mythological creature with a human upper body and the lower body of a horse.
- Often depicted as wild and lustful. Dates will be interesting!
- Some can see into the future. Useful if you want to know whether you are ever going to win the lottery.
- You will get lots of fresh air and exercise on dates as they are forest dwelling.
- Have special healing abilities so you they could save you some trips down the doctors.
- They get very cross if you jump on their backs. Piggy backs are out!
- They live in huge herds so this will put added pressure on you to get on with their family and friends.
- Constant smell of horse on dates.
- You might get carried away with their healing abilities and your dates will be spent discussing your latest bowel condition or hurting foot.
Elf – slender looking human like creature, with beautiful hair and interesting shaped ears.
- A beautiful looking creature.
- They have magical powers.
- Great dancers and have dancing stamina. Sigh!
- They are immortal so once again you are going to be faced with many (hundreds) of ex partners.
- Some elves can bring on bad dreams or nightmares.
- They have a reputation for pranks and mischief. This could get a bit tiresome on dates and you may find yourself saying “come out from behind that rock and stop messing about!”
I hope you have enjoyed my dating pros and cons of mythical and magical creatures.
This is going to be an interactive post as we all need a bit of fun, so if you can think of a dating pro or con for one of the above let me know. I will insert your idea and link back!
If you are out on the mythical or magical dating scene – good luck! Let me know how things are going and whether any of my dating pros and cons are true.